Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Teaching Philosphy

As I progress in my major, I may augment this statement. I have recently changed my major so I have not had many classes dealing directly with education, so I may be slightly idealistic in my philosophy and possibly too simplistic, but I know why I descided to pursue a career in this field. I have tought guitar lessons and pften take a leadership role in other aspects of my life so I think I have an inkling of an idea what my philosophy is.


I believe that a student will only learn if they allow themselves to learn.

I believe a student will only learn if they respect their teacher,but not necessarily if they fear or dislike their teacher.

I believe a teacher should not limit their lessons to the ciriculum, but they are obligated to show the student how to apply the ciriculum to their life in the real world.

I believe students do not need to regurgitate information, they need to learn information that will help them later in life. Regurgitation is for standardized tests. Furthermore, Regurgitation is not learning.

I believe the teacher should put in more time/effort on their assignments than they ever expect of their student.

No comments:

Post a Comment